BBC Radio Surrey is proud to be the radio partner of this year’s Haslemere Festival.
Listen for updates on BBC Radio Surrey Breakfast with James Cannon, weekday mornings from 6-10am.
BBC Radio Surrey broadcasts across the county on 104/104.6FM, online, Freeview 722, and on DAB Digital Radio.
Welcome to the Haslemere Festival
Haslemere Arts Festival will run from 13th to 29th May, 2023
- Evening Concerts include Classical, Jazz, Folk, Opera, Choral, Dance Orchestra, Mates & Godfree
- Weekend and Family events include Little Lumpy Cycling Sportive, the RSPCA/Cub Scouts Dog Show and Julia Donaldson OBE of Gruffalo fame
- Anniversary Talks include Who wrote Shakespeare? History of Haslemere Hospital, Finding Puccini, Crazy for Tulips, The Vietnam War, The Real Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang
- Weekday Topical Talks, speakers include Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt, Rt Rev Dr Christopher Herbert; subjects include Grange Park Opera, Petworth House, Clandon Park, English Cathedrals
Haslemere Festival brochure – click on the ‘Events’ tab to see what’s on, or read the Festival Brochure using this link.
Classic Car Tour and Show – will be back for its 13th outing on Sunday 28th May 2023 – click here for more information.
Little Lumpy Cycling Sportive will be on Sunday 21st May. Please click here to visit the Little Lumpy website for more details.
Haslemere Food Festival – will be on Lion Green on 16th September 2023; please click here for more details
Haslemere Christmas Market – will run as usual in the High Street on the first Sunday in December – December 3rd
At our last Arts Festival in 2021, because of Covid, we streamed all the talks and many of the concerts on Zoom as well as in person. It proved to be a popular way of enjoying events and enabled us to reach a wider audience. We are therefore repeating the option for all of our talks and some of the concerts.
Hamish Donaldson, Chairman
Celebrating the Coronation of King Charles III
We are looking forward to celebrating the Coronation of King Charles III on Saturday 6th May.
- The town will be decorated with flags
- Haslemere Chamber of Trade are erecting a Coronation Arch at both ends of the town
- The Royal Society of St George are having a window dressing competition. Judging takes place on 6th May and prizes given on 8th May at the Lion Green event
- On Saturday 6th May, Excelsis Choir will be performing music fit for a royal occasion in St Christopher’s Church at 7.30 pm (https://excelsis-choir.co.uk/)
- On Sunday 7th May, there will be a civic service in St Bartholomew’s Church at 11am
- Also on Sunday 7th May, residents are encouraged to organise their own street parties
- On Bank Holiday Monday 8th May, there will be a carnival procession to Lion Green with a village fête on the Green, with funfair, hot food, and festival bar
- The evening will end with a laser light show on Lion Green